Scaleup your business across borders!
Have you got a growing agrifood tech scale-up ready to become the international game-changer of the future? Then this programme could be for you!
This programme addresses early scaleups that are past the ideation phase, have paying customers or a paid pilot project, and are ready for significant global expansion. The RisingFoodStars association helps them to grow and scale faster – through market testing new ideas, providing support from experts, connecting with leading corporate partners in the food industry and facilitating access to investors
“We have gained so many benefits from joining RisingFoodStars. From getting exposure across the European food industry to scaling our vision, and the opportunity to apply for funded projects to continue innovating”
Solveiga Pakštaitė, Founder and Director, Mimica
“The RisingFoodStars network really supported us to grow our business. We recently received funding that helped us develop at continued speed despite these difficult and challenging times during Covid-19”
Magdalena Kozłowska, CEO & Founder, NapiFeryn BioTECH
Programme Applications open again in January
We will be launching some expert panel discussions and networking events soon so join our community to get involved when these are announced
What are the benefits of the RisingFoodStars (RFS) programme?
The higher goal of the RFS network is to facilitate and stimulate collaboration and cross-fertilisation between RisingFoodStars, the members of EIT Food, and external parties.
The value proposition includes:
- Easy access and personalised introductions to world-leading corporates, academia, investors and research organisations
- Increased visibility through accessing high-impact international agrifood and startup events and our own social media
- Backing from a ‘trusted network’, including names as Pepsico, Danone, Nestlé, Cambridge University, and TUM.
- Individual support to scale up, raise investment, and tackle typical startup growing pain points
Membership comes in terms of three consecutive financial years against a fee of €3.000 per financial year. We waive the fee for the accession year
What is the eligibility criteria to become a member of the RFS association?
We welcome all companies that at the submission stage, identify with the following:
- You have your legal entity based in a member state of the European Union (EU) or Horizon Europe associated countries. Switzerland and UK-based companies are eligible to apply. However, eligibility to receive funding will be determined based on Switzerland’s and UK’s eligibility status for EU funding at that time.
- You are a SMALL sized company as defined in the EU recommendation 2003/361 (between 5 and 49 employees and less than 10 million turnover or balance sheet)
- You expect to conclude a Series A within the next 6-12 months or you have recently raised a Series A
- You are past the ideation phase, with preferably paying customers and at least a product-market fit in your home market
- You have a technological solution within one of the six key focus areas of EIT Food
- You have the ambition of strong growth, and your next milestone is to scale your business across borders
- You complement the current pool of RisingFoodStars and EIT Food partners, and you can add value to the network.
- You are not involved in another EIT Food Entrepreneurs programme, i.e. Seedbed Incubator or the EIT Food Accelerator Network
- You have no conflict of interests. Ventures owned by EIT Food employees or members of EIT Food governing bodies and engagements in which EIT Food employees or members of EIT Food governing bodies have an interest are also excluded. EIT Food includes all CLCs of EIT Food and all governing bodies.
How can you apply to become a member of RFS?
For more details, refer to the Terms & Conditions
When are programme applications open?
Programme applications are open from the beginning of January to the end of February each year, and all applications are evaluated from March-May
What is expected of members to remain active in the association?
Our RFS manager undertakes an annual evaluation of the RFS members to assess their eligibility to remain a member of the association based on the following criteria:
- You must be supporting the aim of the EIT Food RisingFoodStars programme
- You must still be directly or indirectly active in the food sector, in one of EIT Food’s key focus areas
- You must be involved in a minimum of 3 x EIT Food activities in one financial year, such as KAVAs and/or other activities, including podcasts, FoodUnfolded, and various external representations of EIT Food RisingFoodStars trainings etc. external
- You must attend EIT Food (supported) events
- You must be showing signs of growth and progress
To apply for the RisingFoodStars, join our community, then you will be notified when programme applications are open to check your eligibility
We also offer startup training and networking events to our community members throughout the year!